Indiana Soybean Alliance farmer directors and researchers work together to identify and prioritize needs or issues faced in producing high yielding, high-quality soybeans. Whether that is accomplished through biotechnology, genetics, or agronomics – soybean farmers want researchers to be able to discover, develop and utilize tools to find new ways to resist pests and disease,develop and cultivate healthy and efficient varieties, and create lines of soybeans with desirable composition traits. And do so in ways that provide economic and ecological benefits back to the farmer and the land.
Best Management Practices Research
- Identification of Factors Limiting Soybean Yield
- Indiana INfield Advantage
- Strategies Targeting American Agriculture Resources and Sustainability (STAARS): A Multi-State Initiative Documenting Soybean Production’s Sustainability
Pests and Disease Research
- Evaluating Soybean Aphid Seed Treatments, Resistance to Genetics and Effects of Biological Control
- Understanding the Sudden Death Syndrome/Soybean Cyst Nematode Interaction in Indiana
- Evaluation of Phytophthora Sojae Populations In Indiana and Efficacy of Current Management Practices for Control of Phytophthora Root Rot of Soybean
- Influence of Spray Water Quality on Dicamba, 2,4-D, And Sharpen Efficacy on Indiana’s Toughest Weeds
- Influence of Spray Water Quality on Dicamba, Glufonsinate, Glyphosate, 2,4-D And Safluefenacil Efficacy on Indiana’s Toughest Broadleaf Weeds
- Screening and Control of Glyphosate-Resistant Weeds in Soybean Production Systems
Breeding and Genetics Research
- Agronomic Evaluations of Nine Decades of Soybean Cultivars: Nitrogen Fixation
- Genetic Dissection of Uncharacterized Rps Genes and Marker Development
- Development of New Genetic Resources and Tools For Soybean Improvement
- Groundwork for Improving Nutritional Value of Soybeans
- Effective Micronutrient Management for Higher Soybean Yields
Other Research Resources:
- North Central Soybean Research Program (NCSRP): NCSRP is a partnership of 12 soybean checkoff organizations that work to improve soybean performance through cooperative research and education. View NCSRP's annual report. View NCSRP's annual report.
- Checkoff-funded Research Database:This database provides an overview of the national soybean checkoff research program and a method to search for soybean research projects of interest. The website is organized using six links. The Search by Key Word, Search by Researcher, Search by Checkoff links provide alternative approaches to find research projects.